PPSS team has worked along with Pallavaram municipality and created dengue awareness to public people.Dengue was mainly spreading in fresh open water which is stored in different drums by public people for their day to day usages. So we gave 100 elastic cloth cover made of kada material to cover those drums. We found that Pallavaram under bridge area dumped with garbages, bushes and shrubs.so we cleaned those areas along with Pallavaram municipality employees.
PPSS team have worked in Chennai- Tirusulam , Manasu Trust (Home for Mentally Challenged) to solve after effects of vardah cyclone. We have found most of the trees were fallen and our team helped to clear few of the fallen trees and cut down the trees in such a way that they can use these broken woods by burning them for cooking purposes.
Our team have planted more than 20 Tree saplings in their place.We would like to thank #Alliance_Group for donating tree saplings for this tree plantation event.We also would like to thank people and children of this locality for participating on this great tree plantation event.
As a part of our weekly activity, we did cleaned the garbages at Marina Beach during Jallikattu protest Thanks to all the students and volunteers who did this protest in a right way.
PPSS team has jointly conducted this campaign to the public people along with pallavaram municipality higher officials.In the meeting, officials told that Government has introduced a new app called #SWACHAPP. Citizens can install this app and make complaints through this app by taking a picture of the area or place or site that are found be ugly and upload it in the app. This is been tracked through GPS and it is reported to central dept in Delhi and from there complaint passed on to respective municipality to taken action at the earliest.
PPSS team has worked in weekly cleaning activity in chennai besant nagar near broken bridge. Team has removed around bags of garbages, We also segregated bottles in separate bags, plastics in separate bags and garbages in separate bags. So the plastics and bottles are taken for recycling process. Other non usable items like garbages, chappels, thermocols are taken by Chennai corporation.
PPSS team went to Bavishya Deepam Rehabilitation Center in chennai -Mudichur to give 1 month grocery items like Rice bags, Toor dhal, refined oil, atta, and few other grocery items and Stationary items like Soaps, Rin soaps, brushes, toothpaste and coconut oil etc. Special thanks Mr.Mubarak Ali and his family & friends for their contribution.
PPSS team went to Sri Poorna mahamerru ashram in old pallavaram to give Rice bags, Toor dhal, refined oil, atta, and few other grocery items and Stationary items like Soaps, Rin soaps, brushes, toothpaste and coconut oil etc. Special thanks Mr.Mubarak Ali and his family & friends for their contribution
PPSS team went to Sivanandha gurukulam to give Rice bags, Toor dhal, refined oil, atta, and few other grocery items and Stationary items like notebooks, pen, etc. Soaps, Rin soaps, brushes, toothpaste and coconut oil. This time the team went along with families, children and the entire team worked behind the scenes for the flood relief activities. Thank you for the entire crew.. Special thanks Mr.Mubarak Ali and his family & friends for their contribution
- Flood Relief Work (Pammal,Pozicahlur,Velachery,Mudichur, Madipakkam,Ashok Nagar and Jafarkhanpet).
- Food and basic need for Flood Affected People.
- Planted more than 50 trees and 50 flowering plants in and around location.
- Fund for "MANASU" care home for Mentally challenged people Zamin Pallavaram.
- Fund and food for Sivananda Gurukulam,Kaatankulathur.
- Relief Materials for POORNAMAHAMERU TRUST FOR OLDAGE PEOPLE,Zamin Pallavaram.
- Relief Materials for BHAVISHYA DEEPAM-MUDICHUR " care home for Mentally challenged people.
- Actively participated in Chennai Coastal Cleanup headed by Peter Van Geit supported by corporate companies.
- Removing seemai karuveelan trees grown on water bodies, roads and private lands
- Beautification of Platforms 1 and 2 at Pallavaram Railway station with plant Pots.
- Undertaking the maintenance of Kutcherimalai Park which is now defunct.
- Desalting of lakes at Madipakkam, Kilkattalai and Pallavaram along with other NGOs.
- Organizing a free Medical Check Up camp.
- We execute the projects on all Sundays from 7am onwards till the completion of the job.
- The weekly activities are prepared well in advance and conveyed to members to enable them to plan their personal work accordingly.
- Membership is open to all who would like to contribute to the nation for protecting the environment and green cover.
- The fee is very nominal and the activities executed by the members themselves will give them a positive vibration.
- Those who could not engage physically can also become members. They can encourage the other participants by providing their requirements.
- They can sponsor the projects , donate tools and implements useful for the activities.